Thursday, June 18, 2009

Wisconsin Foods

Sad but true, I am giving Wisconsin Foods it's own post. Yummlish!!! My fist night in Barron I met a few friends at Bona Casa for dinner. It's pretty much a diner out in the middle of nowhere and the Chicken Ravioli and Cavatellis are awesome (imagine me singing the word awesome.) I think the last time I ate there was around my high school graduation, my neighbors took me to celebrate. My dad would hate it because they serve their water in little, teeny, tiny plastic cups, but I think that's rubbish.
Lft. to Rt. Darcy, Rodger, Dan, Suzie, Misser, Shelly, Me

The morning I left I made a special trip to the Barron Bakery. I can't even stand how good their donuts are. My favorite, the long john ( I know, funny with the thought of my long history of Johns) but it is the perfect combo of donut with white cake frosting on top. mm,mm good!


My last supper was at the Norske Nook were I ordered Deep fried cheese curds and a plate of Norwegian pancakes with lingonberries and whip cream on top. Good stuff!

I joked that when I went through security they might stop me and accuse me of trying to take an ungodly amount of cheese out of the state. I think I might have jinxed myself because as soon as my cooler went through the x-ray machine they pulled me aside and asked me to, in the future, lay my cheese flat - too funny!!

2 comments:

Jon, Launa, & boys said...

. . . ahh. . . yum!!!

Becky Jean said...

If I say I really want a long John... does that sound dirty? Hmph. Deep fried cheese curds? Really? You kill me sometimes. :-)