Wednesday, January 13, 2010

San Diego or Bust!!!

I am 100 percent sure that our move to Texas was inspired and that we are were we are suppose to be, but that does not take away that fact that I LOVE SAN DIEGO and I MISS IT SO VERY, VERY MUCH!!!

LaRee and I were able to take a mini Vacation (key word mini) to first, San Diego, then off to Indio and last but not least Los Angeles. We had such a good and memorable time. As always, I can best sum up our stay with pictures...

Thank you modern technology for helping us on the flight out. That man sleeping next to LaRee wanted to talk politics to me every waking moment. If you know me well, you are laughing right now.

We stayed the first couple nights with my dear friend Wendy. She was one of the first friends I made in San Diego. We became fast friends and have spent more then our share of days in the SUN!
LaRee had a blast watering Wendy's 500 plants.

This picture screams San Diego to me with the Sun on her face and the plants in front of her.

Breakfast out on the balcony. My love for the sun is even greater now. To wake up and sit in the sun and eat...heaven!
Lunch at Sipz Fusion Cafe - Yummlish! They serve Vegetarian Cuisine with a Vietnamese/Chinese/Thai style. They use soy meat and tofu with every veggie known to man kind. It is to die for! San Diego has some of the best food I have ever tasted.

Lots of play time with Owen. He is so good with her and her crush on him doesn't hurt either!

So pretty!

THE BEACH!!

Beware: lots of beach photos to follow








This is Wendy's oldest Tiffany

Proof of a fun filled day at the beach. LaRee was in her element. I true Southern Cali Girl.

other highlights:

lunch with LaRee's church Grandma Carol - love that woman!
feeding the bird
Dinner with the back row girls from my singles ward
snooping around Loma Portal Bluffs changes
a quick trip to Trader Joes
watching Owen play soccer
trips to Point Loma, Hillcrest, North Park, Pacific n Mission Beaches n Coronado Island

Soon it was time to leave Wendy and Owen, sooo sad!

I lived in San Diego for 10 years and I feel so blessed to have rubbed shoulder with so many amazing people.





1 comment:

Tina said...

All those beach pictures look amazing. It makes me want to go on vacation there and take my kids. Laree has sure grown up since I saw her what 4 months ago. She is a doll!!
You are always doing such fun things and that pedicure story made me laugh. She sure is a girly girl and a cute one for that matter.