Wednesday, May 27, 2009

High School Graduation

20 Years ago today I was going through the whole commencement ceremony for my high school graduation. Crazy how time stops for no one. I am getting ready to go back for my 20 year reunion so I have been doing a lot of pondering and reminiscing... well, maybe not a whole lot of reminiscing due to the fact that my memories are limited. I hope that is not a sign of what's to come or that high school was so awful that I have suppressed my memories of it and that they are soon to be released in full force. Angie Lammers, my grade school buddy.
Shelly Berns, my middle school locker buddy
My Parents, Alma and Verlyn.
All of the students from my homeroom. Apparently this picture was taken before us girls realized we could make the boys be the ones that knelt. Now I would totally be the one saying,"No thanks, we'll stand, you can kneel."

Really the only 3 things that I remember from this day are 1) that Darcy J. and Ivan R. sang our class song "Forever Friends" by Micheal Smith which I have always felt was a touching and moving song. 2) We did have a prayer which I was grateful for and I could not understand how that could offend anyone 3) I felt like this was the day that was the start of some thing very big. Funny, huh?! Well, if big translates into full, then I guess I was right. I feel like I have lived a very fulfilling life. I have so many happy memories. I feel like every where my feet have taken me, that amazing people have been there to greet me. I am not sure why I don't have a picture of me with my Friend Missy Prine so I HAVE TO INCLUDE the following. Here is a laugh and a half for you, FREE! You're Welcome :) Missy Berg, Missy Prine and Nancy E. - GO BEARS!!!!!

4 comments:

Pyatt said...

Melissa who knew hair could be so big? I have a few of those priceless photos myself...I loved the 80's kick back. It's my 20 year as well...where did the time go...sometime I don't feel a day over 20 and other days I feel 80...arg!

Jon, Launa, & boys said...

Thanks for the FREE laugh. How cute those pictures are. Thanks for the post, now I am getting to know another side of you-the big hair side!!

Pattykat said...

I had big hair envy back then! I could never get my hair to do what I wanted!

Anonymous said...

Oh, those were the days - when we had time to put that much effort into our hair.