Monday, May 11, 2009

Company

We have had a lot of company lately and I have to admit it... I love it! I am so grateful that so many have taken the time and money to come and spend time with us.

First we had my Auntie JaLayne, cousin Eric and my cousin Jody's husband Scott. They drove in from Minnesota. The boys spent most of their time hunting for treasures of the nature type (rocks, fossils,etc.) and we put them to work fixing our garage door, front lock, a sprinkler head, putting up 4 ceiling fans (2 with remotes) and 2 light fixtures. I wonder if they will ever come back? My Aunt JaLayne and I spent most of our time sunning, playing cards and cooking, all things that I love to do, especially with a friend!!

Next, Grandpa Latu flew in from San Francisco. It was so wonderful to have him here playing and teasing miss LaRee. She loves her "Gepe Latu"!! He enjoys her so much, even when she is being a crazy 2 year old, he still has a smile on his face and it's a smile of love, I think?!


Last but not least My Auntie Marlene, her dog Foxy, my cousin Robin and her boyfriend Ken drove in from Wisconsin and Minnesota. We started their visit off with visits to a few garage sales, which is where we found our "new to us" patio furniture. We put it to good use while they were here with multiple meals outside, some sunning and a few games of **tch Rummy, my grandma's favorite and mine too! Ken was a saint and took all of my CD's and turned them into mp3s -yippee!Hopefully everyone had a good enough time that they will come back and visit us again!!!

2 comments:

The Johnson's said...

I will have to plan a trip out to see you. But I want all the people that you talked about in your post to be there. Especially Auntie Marlene and the rummy game sounds like it rocked! I didn't realize it was that much fun at your house.

Jon, Launa, & boys said...

Looks like a good time. Your place is for sure the party place!! I might have to invite myself over again!