Monday, May 18, 2009

Girls Vacation


LaRee and I took a girls' trip to Buffalo, Wy to visit the Edstrom Family and we had more fun than two girls could be allotted. Becca is my life friend, meaning she has been there since the beginning of me. We have so much fun together. She is a constant example to me and I am so grateful to have her in my life.

On our first night in Buffalo, it snowed -- yes, snowed! It was next to impossible to get a picture of LaRee. She was too excited to stand still or stop yelling, "It's snowing, It's snowing, It's snowing!!!" and some mumbo jumbo about a snowman which guilted Brooklynn into making her one.


Becca and I attended the Friday night and Saturday morning sessions of "Time Out for Women" in Billings, Mt. We stayed at a hotel that is attached to a water park and Londyn, Brooklynn and LaRee took advantage of that while we were gone.



Leo the Gecko is Jordan's pet, but what Jordan doesn't know won't hurt him. You will notice that as the pictures progress, LaRee becomes braver. She started off not wanting to touch Leo and soon she graduated to having him on her pants..shirt..holding him and finally a smooch for Leo!


Zoey is Becca's dog. From about the moment we arrived, LaRee claimed ownership of Zoey, her toys, and her cage, but in the end Zoey got the ultimate revenge by claiming LaRee's pacifier.

Becca took the kids out of school on Monday and we all went up to "Crazy Woman Canyon". We saw a herd of Antelope and a Moose. It was so beautiful and everyone really enjoyed themselves. Nature Rocks! :)
And the following are pictures of some of the craziness during our trip...

Movie night
Lunch at the SageBrush Cafe - Yummy!!
LaRee teaching Kenzie to play piano
LaRee playing piano while wearing Brooklynn's underwear over her pajamas.

Becca has 4 children Jordan, Kenzie, Londyn and Brooklynn. They were all so good with LaRee. There was always someone there to entertain her. She had someone to play with from sun up 'til sundown. It was a wonderful trip which makes it hard to come back to my life of dishes and laundry. I am so happy that we were able to go and play and have the memories to get me through the laundry and dishes!

5 comments:

Jon, Launa, & boys said...

What a great time. The photos and stories were so cute. LaRee totally makes me laugh. Leo and the dog, she is such a cutie pie girl. Good for you guys to be able to have a fun trip!!

Becky Jean said...

I can't believe how old those kids are already.... are we really that old ourselves??? Ugh. But LaRee looks so happy and I am so glad you had a great time. Girl time rocks!

Pyatt said...

What a fun trip!! That looks like it was a great get-away!! I saw Jenica this weekend...we were in Vegas and we had a great visit and heard she and Eric speak in church...they were amazing...and I didn't get a picture!! I'm LAME! Anyway--we talked about you...and how great you are! Take care! :)

Becca said...

You did a much better job with your blog then i did with mine. I've been having problems uploading pictures and finally gave up. It's interesting though that we used a lot of the same photo's. By the way, you still owe me a copy of your pictures. Well, it's been a month now and I think I'm done feeling depressed over you leaving. Just in time to have you come back :) Love you and can't wait to see you again--and Siona. I'm soooooo excited!!!

Pattykat said...

Can't decide who is cuter, LaRee in the snow or the dog with the pacifier (Just kidding, LaRee wins, hands down!)