Monday, April 14, 2008

Cabrillo National Monument





Seems like there is never enough time, so the need to make time becomes so very important. We had a beautiful family outing with my Uncle Harold and Aunt Loretta. Harold is my mother's brother. They popped in for a quick visit the first week of April. It was so nice to have them here and LaRee truly could not get enough one-on-one time with them. They took her swimming while Junior and I were at work. I popped out to see how she was doing and she had this perpetual smile going. Loretta read more books to her in the few short days they were here then I have read to her in her first year of life! We could tell that LaRee misses them because she keeps asking us to play peek-a-boo with her (some thing that Loretta taught her).


I am getting feeling back in my lip and chin. Seems that a bit of cement/sealant was pushed out and into my nerve. It should, through time, dissolve and become part of me and all feeling should return.

Our dear friend Todd moved to Texas this last Thursday. It was a sad day and he will be missed in a very big way and I am not just using the word "big" because he left us for Texas.


Summer is here - it was 85 this weekend. To make matters worse ,LaRee had a fever so she was just plain miserable. She has a hand, foot and mouth virus. Sounds like it just has to run its course. The nurse said Popsicles would make her mouth feel better. Wow, as a first time mother I have a lot to learn about messes, how to avoid them and when they happen, how to handle them.

I am 2nd counselor in our Relief Society at church which means I am over education sooooo, we are going to read " The miracle of Forgiveness" by Spencer W. Kimball...stay tuned.

3 comments:

Becky Jean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky Jean said...

I love these pictures! I am sure Alma was all smiles. Hand and foot disease... poor baby. Sounds disturbingly similar to hoof and mouth disease like she's a cow from the UK. haha. Don't tell her I said that. ;-)

The Johnson's said...

been through hand foot and mouth with two kids. This too will pass. You are a awesome mom. I love you guys.