Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Girl and her Grandpa

I have always felt that Grandparents are some of thee most special people on Gods green earth. I am pretty sure that LaRee feels the same. We have a few traditions when it comes to LaRee's "Bee-Paw" . I often wonder if she will still be calling him that in her teen years. Okay, back to traditions. One tradition is Friday Garage Sale-ing. My dad and I map out and prioritize the night before and then we wake at the crack of dawn and hit the road running, early bird gets the worm ya know!

We come back from Garage Sale-ing and it is fool proof, she always comes running to the door yelling one of two things, " What did you get me?" or " Is that for me Momma?" and then she usually follows up with wanting to know who paid for what. (weird but funny) On this particular day we found a sleeping beauty dress with tiara ($5) and an unopened box of magnetic letters AND numbers for the fridge ($1). I know! Deals of the century! These treasures that we find always put Grandpa in a good mood so he will usually stick around to fullfill some of LaRee's requests like filling a bucket with her new letters and then helping her make up lots of make believe words.

When we had 1:00 church we had the tradition of all gathering for pancakes in the morning. LaRee and Grandpa are in charge of cooking and I am in charge of clean up. This smile had developed from me shouting, " LOOK AT ME AND SMILE ALREADY"!!!

This picture makes me laugh out loud. Can you tell that it is early morning here? If we held a contest to see you had the crazier/scarier hair, I believe we would come up with a big fat tie.


These are the kind of sites that I come home to when I leave Grandpa to keep an eye on LaRee. Thank you Paula for the doctors kit with a pair of pretend scissors in it. We have gotten more mileage out of that pair of scissors. Lord help us all if she ever gets her little mitts on a real pair of scissors.


I have to give the girl credit, she is a professional. Look at that head tilt, checking out her work - perfectionist!

2 comments:

Pyatt said...

She is getting so grown up!! Mackenzie is loving the tiara and dress ups as well...she changes dresses like 30 times a day and she only has two from her older cousins...too cute!! Your trip to WY looks like so much fun too!! How are you guys??

The Smith Family said...

Aww, how sweet. Love the last picture. How did his hair turn out?