Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter



This is the Jesus Flag that is part of a church located behind our housing development. This is the view that we get as we turn onto our street. The view of this huge Jesus flag at the end of our street kind of makes me chuckle on most days, but for Easter Sunday I was Happy to see it. Seems like Easter is more about the bunnies and chicks then our savior and all that we has done for us individually and as a whole. I am always grateful when Easter comes around. What an amazing time of year to be reminded that we will see him again and that miracle of the empty tomb.

Our Easter Sunday was a strange one. I always envision how things are going to go and it never goes that way!
This is the closest I got to a picture of LaRee in her Easter dress. At least the ribbon is still in her hair, that is huge for us. I will spare you the details, lets just say it was an accident and luckily a woman at our ward (church) had this onsie in her bag.
This is LaRee washing the color off of her colored Easter eggs. I am guessing that she is like her father, she likes things crisp and clean. White was apparently more aesthetically pleasing to her.
Here we are coloring eggs. My opinion is at 2 years of age the child may really want to color eggs but it should be left to the 3 year and older folks. They probably know better what gentle and softly means.
My Aunt JaLayne sent LaRee many special treats for Easter. Here she is with her Elmo basket. So much fun. We did baskets after church (thank goodness) and our good friend Todd came down for dinner. It was a nice day where everyone is happy because they are hopped up on sugar!

1 comment:

Marissa said...

The picture of her in the onesie with the ruffled socks is priceless. Glad you guys had a great Easter!