Friday, August 15, 2008

We have arrived...






Finally, we are here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. We left San Diego on August 4th after a full day of work, but I am so glad that we did. It made the trip go that much better. My dear friend Becky (or as LaRee calls her - "A B" for auntie B)came along for the ride and I will be forever grateful. As Verlyn said to her the morning she returned to San Diego, "we never would have made it without you." I am guessing that we would have made it, but that it would have been a total nightmare. We spent the first night of our trip in Yuma, AZ. I know that it is spitting distance from San Diego, but I guarantee you that it was one of my better nights of sleep. We spent the next night in Van Horn, TX. That was a more difficult night. LaRee was teething and had a crazy high fever. Her whole body was hot to the touch - tummy, feet, hands. I felt so bad for her. She woke up about every half hour. The next day went so much better. Everyone always talks about how nice people from Texas are. It's true, every time I came out of a restroom talking to someone, Becky would shoot me a look. I promise - I never started it!!

It feels so good to be here. I loved my time in San Diego and I feel like I have left behind some bits and pieces of myself. I have made some amazing friends who have been great examples in my ward there. I have also made friends through my job and through the singles ward. I had met most of them soon after moving to San Diego 10 years ago. It does feel crazy to live somewhere that I do not have any history.

Happy to be here, but sad to have left so many good friends in San Diego.

Auntie B - come to Texas soon!! Any time, our door is open.

5 comments:

Becky Jean said...

Of the 50,000 pics we took on that trip, you chose this lovely one of me?!?! Why, oh, why do you hate me?!?! ;-)

The Johnson's said...

Oh Good you guys are alive! Sounds like a scary, exciting adventure you are on. I am a little bit jealous. Miss you guys too. Love, Angela
(oh and note to becky: you are beautiful!)

Darci Jean the Dancing Queen Jr. said...

I want to know what bee is in Becky's bonnet to force her to make that completely irritated face.....did you take too long in the bathroom?

Marissa said...

Yay, you made it! How are you settling in there? I miss you guys! Give LaRee a big kiss for me!

Becca said...

Safe and sound--awesome. I'm glad Becky was able to travel with you. That baby is getting so big so fast and I'm missing it. I guess I can pretend that Auntie B can mean me too...right? I know, it's a long shot. I have to see you guys before I go crazy.